Thursday, March 14, 2013

Whoop!

Last Friday night I was sitting in a seminar at church when my phone rang.  As I walked out of the room and answered the call, I heard the words we've been waiting for since we started this process last year.

                   It's a girl and she's 12 months old

I fell to my knees and couldn't stop the tears.  It was actually happening.  The call actually came.  God did it and it was perfect.  I picked myself up off the floor and broke every speed limit on my way home to tell Peter.  I knocked on the door and when he answered, I held out my phone with the picture and said "Happy Birthday".  You see a few weeks previous I had started praying for a bit of a miracle.  Well, actually a pretty big miracle.  That we would receive our referral on Pete's birthday and his birthday just happened to be the following day.  Or, as a friend later pointed out, it already was his birthday in Ethiopia.  Oh the beauty and sweetness of this gift overwhelms me.  That He answered my specific prayer and chose to bless us in this way means so much to me.  Not only with our daughter (I can say that now!!!), but also with the answer to my prayer.

Now we wait for a court date in Ethiopia which will take 4-5 months but we'll pray for another miracle for it to happen sooner.  At that time Peter and I will both travel over and meet baby girl (we're still deciding on a name) and appear in court.  Then we'll drag ourselves back to the US and away from that sweet face and wait another 6-8 weeks for an Embassy appointment.  After that we can bring her home.  In the mean time, we wait.  Wait by buying clothes and decorating a room and praying and thinking of a name and staring at her picture 2657 times a day (we can't share her picture until we pass court in Ethiopia) and trying not to snuggle every 12 month old baby I see around town.

Thank you to every single one of you for praying and asking questions and generously giving to our adoption costs.  We are blessed to be surrounded by love and support and now our little girl is surrounded by that too.  Thank you.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations Moore family!!!! so happy for you!! that little girl is so blessed to have such an amazing family.

Kelsey Scrupps said...

So excited and happy for ou all! God is good!!

kelsey said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! What happy news. It's always so nice to be reminded how present the Lord is in our lives and that He hears each of us individually! Good luck Moores. Love you!

Unknown said...

So happy for you guys! Praying for you all still~

Whitney F said...

Congrats to your beautiful family!

carol said...

Oh Peter and Naomi!!!! Grandpa and I are ecstatically happy for you! And what a beautiful story about how you found out. Praying that it will be a much shorter wait time.

The Marshall Family said...

This brought such a smile to my face and such joy to my heart! Congratulations! We have friends awaiting this same news :) Praying for you and your growing family! Blessings!